Below you will find everything you need to know on publishing your erotic story on Noveltrove.
As you know, within the publishing process, there is the creative aspect (developing and writing your story) as well as the technical aspect (actually publishing it, getting it out there!).
What we don't publish:
Strictly: We don't publish stories with characters under 18 years old, bestiality, blood-related incest, reluctance and force. Furthermore we don't publish some fetishes like scat. If you are planning to upload pictures, please keep in mind that no images of genitalia are allowed.
At Noveltrove, we publish quality erotic stories that offer a captivating plot. Thus, we ask our authors to present us with their most compelling stories, the most engaging characters, their naughtiest and most arousing plot twists, their best writing.
Here are some basic creative guidelines for authors. You need to:
- Have a fun story idea following 1 to 3 categories;
- Create interesting multi-dimensional characters;
- Develop the plot to captivate readers;
- Submit a blurb of your story that is 120 characters or less;
- Write the story in proper English;
- Proofread your work;
- Optionally, you can upload an image that is relevant to your story. Graphics must be 730(width) x 300(height) pixels.
We want to keep the quality of the stories on our website at a good standard of writing. This also means that we do not publish every story. If we do not publish your story, it does not necessarily mean that we think your story is of 'low quality.' It could simply mean that it does not fit our current selection of stories. If you need help on how to write a story, please visit our forum.
We know being an author is not always easy and getting a bit more attention doesn't hurt. Thus we would like to stress that you, as a professional author, are welcome to promote yourself and your website on Noveltrove. You can do this in your profile by writing a bio and by posting a link. What we don't like and will not publish are half finished stories, with a note to 'read more' on your website. This would be frustrating for our users, who expect entire stories on our website. Therefore, please refrain from such a practice.
Hey, we’re easy. Please don’t feel intimidated by our guidelines. They are there to help you bring your creation to light. If your story should really be rejected, you can still re-write it and easily upload it again.
Publishing a story on our website is very easy. First of all, you need an account, which is free (always will be) and can be registered here. The account will be available to you immediately after registration. For your account, you can use your real name or a pen name of your choice. Once registered, you have the ability to update your account with information about you, and a backlink to your homepage, which might be especially interesting for professional authors. You can give as much or as little information as you wish. It's up to you.
Once you have your account, you can start publishing. To make it simple, we have put together the following step-by-step guide.
- In your profile, scroll down a bit and click on the button: 'Write a New Story.'
- After you clicked the button, an in-screen window will appear where you can enter your text. We strongly recommend that you write your story in a file on your computer and just copy-paste it into the text screen window once you are done. If you write the story directly in the browser, you risk losing it. Don't forget to proofread your story... twice is even better (before you copy-paste and after, if you can).
- If you like you can add your copyright to your story. Use the relevant field in your profile page for it.
- Once you have copied your story into the in-screen window, you have three buttons at the bottom of the page: 'Publish,' 'Save as Draft,' and 'Cancel.' When you click on 'Publish,' your story will be sent to us for review. When you click 'Save as Draft,' you save the story, but it is only visible to you. When you click 'Cancel,' you delete your input.
- If you have selected 'Publish' you are surely eager to see your story online. We do our best to review it within 24 hours, but it might take a bit longer. If that is the case, we apologize ahead of time. In the 'Status' area, you can see the current status of you story. If we have not yet reviewed the story, the status is 'Pending.' Once we have reviewed your story, the status is either 'Published,' which means that the story is live, or rejected.
- If we reject the story, we will try to send you a short explanation via email. Still we cannot promise that, as we have a lot of work on our hands. Still, if your story is rejected, don't give up. You can review the Creative Process section, and ask in our forum for help. There you can also find valuable tips from other authors.
- If you want to change your story, that is very easy. Click on the symbol, on the right next to your story, which looks like a pen in a square. Once you clicked the ‘Edit Pen,’ the already familiar in-screen window appears. Now you can edit the story as you wish. If you click on 'Publish,' it will again be reviewed by us. If you click on 'Save as Draft,' the story will be saved, but only visible to you. If you select 'Cancel,' the changes you made while the in-screen window was opened will be deleted, and the status of the story will remain unchanged.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by mail at info [at] noveltrove [dot] com or ask in our forum. We wish you a fun time writing your stories. We will be thrilled to read them all.
Last update: May 27, 2017